Sunday, October 25, 2009

When left to their own devices....

That's how the saying goes right? Well, Teagan was playing by herself this afternoon when she independently put on her tutu and ballet slippers and then proceeded to dance to "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". She was showing Daddy all her new dance moves she has learned in dance class and was having a blast. She has really begun to enjoy dance class and has become quite the chatter box, the things she says and notices these days really amaze us.

Let's see, Teagan has been up to a ton lately.....


Two weeks ago I was trying to explain the seasons to Teagan and I was saying that after all the leaves fall off the trees the snow comes.... the next day, she happened to notice the leaves where falling and she then informed me that it was time to snow.... I then tried to explain the time lapse between the leaves falling and snow flying, so it wouldn't snow for a couple months and to my surprise, she was right! It snowed the next day! When she saw the snow on her picninc table she thought it was ice and had to eat it, she told me she thought it tasted great!
Also, this week and last, her big discussions have been about finding and looking at "Halloweens" (Halloween decorations, that is). She would spend hours driving around looking for any orange light or pumpkin!

Then, the other day I made the mistake of showing her a catalog with some baby dolls in it and she said how much she "had" to have one of them.... so I mentioned we could put it on her wish list for Santa and maybe he would bring it on Christmas, well, since then, she has raved about how much she loves Santa and for a while thought every car driving by the house was Santa coming to bring her the doll.

She cracks us up on a daily basis! Oh yeah, lately, she has become what I call a "hug bug", she hugs us all constantly and gives really great hugs too!


No comments: